"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured" -Pres. Hinckley

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Writing with a Pencil

welp, time to get back on my feet! The passed few days i've held in hot tears and can feel the sting on my heart. i remember when i was little i never knew that a broken heart was a physical feeling. I really thought it was just a saying...I've proved myself wrong time and time again. It hurts losing your best friend but I'm trying to look at the blessings from all this. I've had to look passed everything that has happened and have come to realize that life is like a clean white board and we hold the dry erase marker! we can do ANYTHING we want! I know that later in life when i have a family of my own it's a little harder so i can't help but be excited at this point in my life thinking about all the possibilities that are out there! I feel like there have been plans I've made such as teaching english in China, Dental assist in Africa, or even get married... they've all fallen through and it gets a bit frustrating but life really does happen while your making other plans! (my mama taught me that)
I've learned to write your plans out in pencil and give God the eraser. I feel like that is a perfect way to explain how I feel. My mind has been swarming of ideas of how to run away from life. I haven't found a solution for that yet, but have realized that running away probably won't help anything.
I've talked to a few friends who are my same age and in the same "decision-making dilemma" and it is frustrating figuring out life.. especially when you've planned something that isn't going to happen anymore. Let's be honest.. i'm not really wanting to go back to the whole dating scene very quickly, but i've felt like i've been able to look forward to where life could take me and can't hlep but get excited. I happened to stumble acrossed a quote today by my favorite President Gordon B. Hinckley... (it's probably not good to have favorites.. but he really is)
He said: "Be believing, be happy, don't get discouraged, things will work out"
This is helping me get through the heartache and pain. It helps me know that it'll all be ok. Life is hopeful. Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. you can do it.
    you really can.
    i feel your pain through you're blog. you are such a great writer.

    hang in there. you will get through this and become a stronger person from it.

    you are gorgeous. inside & out.
    keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful insight babe. I really needed it today. You were my angel from heaven today...bless you for that :)

    ReplyDelete