"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured" -Pres. Hinckley

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Squids Testicles...

So, nick made reservations for Carabba's and so we go there... mind you.. i never order an appetizer but Nick doesn't mind spending money on food, so when we go eat it's like this 4 coarse meal.

Anyway... we're deciding on which appetizer to get and I made it FULLY aware to the waiter and to Nick that we can't get anything that was "fish" cuz I HATE seafood. So we were looking at the menu trying to figure out what to get and somehow ordered Calamary.. haha k, do you know what that is?? (squid... just in case you didn't know)

So it comes out and it looked like fried onions, so i'm all "oh, is this onions?" and nick was all "something like that..." So i'm like DOWNING this food like it's no one's business... and then i all of a sudden think in my head.. "wait... what am i really eating?"

So of course i stop eating it and i'm all "nick.. WHAT is this??"

Nick had to run out to his car real quick so i'm sitting there trying to figure it out. Finally it was driving me nuts so I turn to the booth behind us and i'm all "Sorry to interrupt (it was like 4 big guys), but do you mind me asking you what calamary is?" haha this guy looks at me and he's all "Oh ya, it's squid tentacles!"

Cringe... the thought of puking came right into my head. I just had a stomach full of SQUID!?! ew..

So Nick comes back, sits down, and by then the table behind us was listening to what i was going to say, and our waiter was right next to us... So of course i'm all boisterous and shocked at what was in my stomach so I quite loudly yell...

"You made me eat Squid TESTICLES?!?!?!"

I swear, you could hear a pin drop right after and then all of a sudden Nick BUSTS up laughing and the waiter was trying to hold it back..

I realize what I just said and so i like crouch down cuz I was so embarassed and by now the waiter is like bending over laughing and the table behind us is busting a gut and i hear the guy.. "I thought I told her TENTACLES!"

haha so then the waiter comes back up and he's all "Squid... don't have.... testicles.."

hahahaha i was dying and probably will never live it down. I can just see the waiter going in the back being like "guess what that girl thought she was eating?"

haha ew. squids and their testicles can just get out of here!!!

1 comment: