"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured" -Pres. Hinckley

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lose the Fear, Keep the Faith

One of my cute friends gave me a book from the BYU 2008 women's conference. There is a quote that I just love by John Bytheway so I thought I would post it on here. It's about having faith. Something I definitely needed to hear!

"We don't have to fear, we can ask the Lord to take our fears from us. When they come, we can evict them and say, "Heavenly Father, I can't do this. You take them; I'll do what I can do. You take my doubts and fears and help me with them, because I've just got stuff to do" We can give that to Him and get back to work. Is it easier said than done? Yes. But we can do it... "They that be with us are more than they that be with them" (2 Kings 6:16)"

There isn't much to say after that. I just am one to struggle with faith and I have doubts and fears more often then not so it was a talk I definitely needed. I think sometimes I'm so scared that I'm gonna make the wrong decision or that I won't be able to do certain things, but with the Lord's hand... we got this.

I am so grateful for my mom. She is such a great example to me about having faith. I know for a fact that she has faced things where she has had to just throw her hands in the air and enjoy the ride because there was nothing left to do but let the Lord handle it. I'm so grateful for her example and couldn't be more grateful for my mama. She is one of the biggest blessings in my life and my greatest role model. I hope one day I can be like her, she truly is an amazing example of faith.

Not too many people know, but she suffers from migraines constantly every day (lately she's found something to help) but for YEARS she would suffer from a migraine every single day and no medicine or treatment would help. Not once did I ever hear her complain in all the years that she constantly had a pounding at her head. Not once did she put herself before anyone around her. You would ask her how she was feeling and if she said she was "good" it really meant "i'm hurting" and if she said she was "ok" the definition of that was, "it's really hurting bad today". But not once would she ever complain.

I don't know why I got so lucky with such a great family, but I am so grateful for them every single day. They each have shown me examples of faith growing up. They are my gratest blessing and my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment