"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured" -Pres. Hinckley

Saturday, June 19, 2010

How old am i again?!

I've been told that I look younger than I am.

As a teenager, i wasn't a big fan of that because when you go on dates, boys think your a child, when you go into a gas station to buy gas, people don't think your old enough to drive.

The other day I was at work and this girl asked how old I was. I told her to guess because I get a kick out of what people think.

"15?"..... "close!" i said... off by about 6 years.

don't worry..i HAVE hit puberty.

But this week has been quite interesting..to say the least.

I was down in st george for a job interview. I was staying with a friend from work and arrived at her condo a little later at night. When I got there, a big white truck was parked across the street. I drove past it to make sure I knew what number I was at and this truck started flashing his lights at me. in my head I thought "ok.. it's probably some punk 16 year old trying to be flirty or something" I went back down the street and looked in my rear view mirror and he was pushing on his breaks so the lights would go on in a rhythmic pattern for me to notice. Sorry, but what the heck?

I finally parked where i needed to (right across the street from this flirty truck), and got out.

His door opens. He gets out.

My first thoughts were "ok.. pretend i'm on the phone" so i quickly grabbed my cell and called my friend.

Next thing I see is this big belly with a tall cowboy hat on. It was dark.. but from the looks of things.. this man was in his 60's.

I didn't know whether to laugh, or run when I heard these words come out of his mouth:

"wanta go country dancing?"

HA! i'm sorry but what?! Was this really happening? I break off my engagement and now the boys are all over me? 60 year old boys! SICK! ha! i didn't know what to say back so i muttered the first things that popped in my head.

I grabbed my luggage and fast-walked to the front door of the condo.

5 minutes go by..

a knock at the door.

this man is ruthless.

He came knocking on the door to make sure I didn't change my mind and have a sudden urge to go throw on my chaps and cowboy hat!

The funny thing is, is that day I had texted some friends down there to see if there was any country dancing like they do up where I live.. I was in the mood for country dancing.. but I had to pass with the 60 year old.

Well.. my dreams of dancing with a 60 year old belly, were soon crushed because the next day a drastic age difference happened once again.

I was at the Manti Pageant and had to use the restroom. All of a sudden some kid comes up to me and says,

"My friends don't think I can get your number... so i'm wondering if i can get it?" in my head i thought "he has NO idea how old i am because this kid looked like he just barely graduated primary. I just busted up laughing and played this little game as i ratted off my name and number.

His friends decide to show up and i look at them and realized it was a friends younger brother and they all went to my high school and were my little sister's age! haha, I started telling them what they're last names were and they got all big eyed thinking "how on earth does she know me?"
Finally the truth had to come out..

"do you know Angie?" and told them the same last name as what I told them earlier when I gave them my name.

They about DIED. These boys weren't 12 they were about 17, but I still just busted up. All of a sudden all of Angies friends who knew me showed up being like "what the heck??" realizing that their friends were hitting on their best friends older sister. haha it killed me.

I dunno which is worse, to be hit on by a 60 yr old cowboy or your little sisters friends who seriously look like they just got done playing with ninja turtles. haha I don't know, but all i can say is it has been pretty comical.

No comments:

Post a Comment