"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured" -Pres. Hinckley

Friday, April 16, 2010

Beach Bod Fitness

So... recently Brad has been gettin all into working out to be in beach bod shape for summer this past week! He's made a pretty good deal with me that if I do certain things I can earn new work out gear! (which lets be honest.. i couldn't complain)
i'm pretty good at trying to eat healthy or excersize... i could definitely do better. But i'm not the type of girl that can just pick up and run 10 miles with no sweat! running is the absolute worst!! In elementary school i could beat any boy with pull ups on the bar but when it came to the mile run i was probably in last place with swits and a red face and needing an inhaler!
So, Monday was when we started this whole fitness kick. (i swear it always has to be a monday... "next monday i'll start") but we did. It was pouring rain but we ran anyway. Mind you.. Brad hasn't worked out in ages but still can do just about anything you ask him too! I was expecting him to just run circles around me the whole time. We start running and the first thing he says is "My distance, your pace" so of course i'm thinking, "yes.. my pace... we can walk the whole way if i wanted to!" So we start going and I kid you not.. it was NOT my pace at ALL! we were running uphill most the way. haha I kept making up excuses like "i'm cramping up" or "i have to throw up" or "i gotta go potty" or "i can't breathe!" haha I was DYING! my favorite excuse i've come up with is "My legs are shorter than yours so i'm running double you're distance!" I thought we were only running a mile but afterwards we measured it with my car and it was over 2! Kill me.
But ever since i've tried to keep running and so far so good. Brad cracks me up sometimes but luckily he was very encouraging during the whole process...and making sure i ran every step with my knees up high. haha
it obviously was a big event to me if i have to blog about it! so wish me luck on this Beach Bod Fitness! I'm planning on running a marathon by the time i'm 90. i think that'll give me enough time to warm up and learn to love running!

No comments:

Post a Comment