"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured" -Pres. Hinckley

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tarantula's and Sunday School

Welp guys, it happened. I thought I'd be able to hide under the radar to avoid getting a calling in church, but wasn't able to...is that bad?

Well, either way. it happened. I've had a certain fear for probably about 4 years. I've been learning about phobias in my psychology class.... you know, arachnophobia, emetophobia (fear of vomit), etc... but i discovered a new one:

Teaching-sunday-school-phobia.

Yup, you heard right. I'm the new sunday school teach as well as helping with the ward organist (do i know how to play the organ? probably not)

It seriously is this huge fear of mine to teach, i'd much rather play the piano for hundreds of people then have to get up in front of 10 people to teach them something. When the bishopric called me my eyes swelled with tears because i'm deathly afraid of teaching (especially teaching people who know a WHOLE LOT more than i do!)...i'm just this little girl trying to teach people and missionaries who have studied this out all day every day for 2 years. Intimidating? yes.

"That's like asking me to eat a tarantula," I said..."But i'll do it with a smile on my face" as my voice was shaking and a tear fell on my face!

So folks... i'm the new teach.

At this point I am open for advice... i don't wanta be the teacher that just reads from the manual or just reads scriptures the whole time. So if any of ya'll have "fun" ideas , I would love it to hear it.

Til then... I'll go find a tarantula to munch on.

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up. I'm sure you do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey remember me? well i don't know if you will get this post but i just got released from the relief society president a couple weeks ago to be put in as the gospel principles teacher...well i was more nervous for the teacher calling than RSP, but i have noticed that personal stories are the winner...people love them, and then they share. If you can relate anything not gospel related to a gospel view, it changes the mood of the class. its awesome. that might not help...but you have been in for a while so you probably no way more than i do. Good luck, i could use some advice too haha :)

    ReplyDelete